WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!!

Welcome to our journey of love, living in the face of loss and just plain living. We've experienced the greatest loss a parent can face--the loss our our baby daughter, Sylvia. She flew to Heaven due to complications of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) on 2/26/09. We have two "Earth Angel" children, Will and Stella. They have been a great help on this journey. We live a blessed rich life in spite of our loss. We are lucky to be parents to such special children. They are our life. Welcome to our life!

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Today

Today I find myself in a completely different place than I was last year at this time. Today was the U of I memorial service. It was very nice. Last year we had lot of family attend with us. Afterwards, we had a pizza picnic. It was exhausting. Grief is exhausting. So, we decided that just Andy and I would go this year. It was nice. It was nice to visit about life, about her, about the future on the car ride. On the way back, I kept thinking how very blessed I am. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband and my children. I'll always wish all three are here on Earth with me--that's just a reality that I've been trying to accept. I will never be whole. Last night Andy and I talked about heaven. I know I've probably mentioned my views of heaven before. I hope to get some answers from the Big Man when I get there. I want to give Him a piece of my mind! I also look forward to being reunited with my Sylvia. I read a bereaved mother's view on what her little angel is doing in heaven. She said she thinks of her daughter as running in a field of wildflowers so completely taken in the moment that when she finally stops to turn around, she says, "Oh there you are mom," like she never stopped to really miss her mother. That is my hope for Sylvia. Andy intends on laying into God also, but he doesn't think he'll get any answers. He thinks the answer will come in the form of being reunited with Sylvia--that when He reveals her to us, we'll be so completely taken in the moment of love and forget about wanting to know any answers. All that will matter is seeing her there and watching our children on Earth from above. That is our hope at least. The only thing I REALLY want of this life is for my Earthly children to far outlive both of their parents.
I ask for prayers for a blogger friend of mine going through her rainbow pregnancy. She is pregnant with twins and the fear has set in for her--the fear of the unknown, the fear of loss. Her angel daughter, Peyton, was BORN with cancer. What a cruel world in which we live. Check out her blog at http://onceamother.blogspot.com
She has a link to my blog on her site. Seeing people link my blog to their page makes me feel good--like people read what I write! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment