WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!!

Welcome to our journey of love, living in the face of loss and just plain living. We've experienced the greatest loss a parent can face--the loss our our baby daughter, Sylvia. She flew to Heaven due to complications of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) on 2/26/09. We have two "Earth Angel" children, Will and Stella. They have been a great help on this journey. We live a blessed rich life in spite of our loss. We are lucky to be parents to such special children. They are our life. Welcome to our life!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shoes

I've read this several times on different blogs of angel mamas. One of the SHARE moms also read it at our last meeting.
It's very well said. While I thought maybe some looked up to me before I lost a child, I am quite sure no one would ever want to trade places with me now even though I still have so much. Though I feel I still have more than most, no one would ever want to borrow my shoes. That's okay though because I will never never take them off.

"Shoes"
I am wearing a pair of shoes.
They are ugly shoes, uncomfortable shoes.
I hate my shoes.

Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.
Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step.
Yet, I continue to wear them.

I get funny looks wearing these shoes, they are looks of sympathy.
I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs.
They never talk about my shoes.

To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable.
To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.
But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.

I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.
There are many pairs in this world.
Some women are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them.
Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much.
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.

No woman deserves to wear these shoes.
Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.
These shoes have given me the strength to face anything.
They have made me who I am.

I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child.

Author unknown

*On a sidenote, I just finished the book "The Help." Good read! Andy picked me up a book while he and Stella were at the library today. It's about a guy that hitchhiked around Ireland. I wasn't sure about it. Andy did not open the book to inspect it or anything. I opened the book to a sweet surprise. On the dedication page are simply two words "To Sylvia." I guess I'll give it a try, my love:) I had lunch today sitting on the bench by Sylvia. I thought of her totally at peace as I sat in the most peaceful spot I know on this Earth. To be totally at peace. Will I ever get there? I don't think so. I think my heavenly reward will be peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment