WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!!

Welcome to our journey of love, living in the face of loss and just plain living. We've experienced the greatest loss a parent can face--the loss our our baby daughter, Sylvia. She flew to Heaven due to complications of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) on 2/26/09. We have two "Earth Angel" children, Will and Stella. They have been a great help on this journey. We live a blessed rich life in spite of our loss. We are lucky to be parents to such special children. They are our life. Welcome to our life!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New pictures


Will and I went on a date last weekend to the Bald Eagle Watch. Fun!

Ringing in the new year with his cousins!

Excited to blow his horn for the new year!

Get this itchy thing off my head NOW!

Precious!

Napping made complete with a puke bucket. This was most of our Christmas Day:(

Here's a sweet gift!

Sylvia on Christmas morning

We love Great Grandma!

She's a blinker! You should see her adjust to light each morning. It's a process!

Hanging out on one of her favorite things, the trampoline!

One of Will's fave parts of staying at a hotel--riding the luggage cart!

A rare surrender to sleep on a Saturday afternoon

Stella after she polished off her pizza!

Will at Buffalo Phil's eating his sundae

My family

Stel and "mamamamama"

Hello world! Here are some pictures. I don't really feel like writing much tonight as it takes awhile to upload these photos. Will is doing great in preschool! He had his first playdate with a school friend tonight. It was fun and the kid was nice. So, I'm proud of him for choosing such a nice friend all on his own! Will has a booming imagination. He is so smart! He's inherited his father's sense of humor too!
Stella--what a delight! She is happy most of the time, but can be a diva too! She has the boys in this house wrapped around her pinkie. Her mom is onto her, but loves her all the same :) She stands on her own a couple seconds here and there. She uses her toy walker (actually looks like a geriatric walker). She walks pretty well with it! She's starting to transition to the sippy cup, but still loves her bottle. She says, "mama," "dada," "baba" and "Hi Dad!" Yes she says "Hi Dad!!" She will be one in about a month!
We are well. We miss Sylvi--especially at this time of year. I think about how things would be if she were here--crazy busy, but I guarantee we'd love it. I think about what I'd do for her birthday party. I think of the buddies the girls would be. I think of never seeing her again in this life. That thought makes my heart sink. What gets me through is a faith that I WILL see her again--perhaps not tomorrow or even in 50 years, but someday I WILL see her and spend eternity with her.
Hope you enjoyed the photos!

1 comment:

  1. Beth, the pictures are priceless!!!!! I had to go into your archives and click January to get them. Loved talking to Will this a, m. Loads of LOVE and Hugs, MOM & DAD

    ReplyDelete