WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!!

Welcome to our journey of love, living in the face of loss and just plain living. We've experienced the greatest loss a parent can face--the loss our our baby daughter, Sylvia. She flew to Heaven due to complications of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) on 2/26/09. We have two "Earth Angel" children, Will and Stella. They have been a great help on this journey. We live a blessed rich life in spite of our loss. We are lucky to be parents to such special children. They are our life. Welcome to our life!

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Girl Time

Stella and I have the last 4 nights bacheloretting it as our men are at Andy's parents' lake house. They are having a blast. We are having fun with each other too! Today I busted out the exersaucer. She loves it for a short while at least. I can't believe she will soon be 4 months old! How the time flies! As she was taking her bath tonight, I thought how the time flies. She was kicking the water all over out of her little baby tub into the big tub. I think it is time for the sitter to go in the tub to help her sit up. She's hasn't rolled yet. She's kinda close, but not really if that makes any sense. We were working on belly to back tonight and she hated it! She's started eating a little cereal at supper time. She liked it at first, but usually cries when she eats now:( She also eats cereal mixed with formula for bedtime. She's been waking up a lot at night. Andy wants me to just let her cry, but wait til he hears her when he gets home. When I let her bawl it out, she gets so upset and screams. She never does cry herself to sleep. Instead she wakes herself up even more. The other night I was up from 3:15-4:30am with her when I tried that method. She will go back to sleep if you give her a pacifier. Right now that is what I'm doing, but I don't want to do that forever. I want her just to sleep straight through... I think a big part of it right now is that the super swaddler isn't here. Stella is a Houdini and can break free of almost any swaddle. I watched her do it several times this week and it is magical. She gets really mad and wiggles kicking her legs up perpendicular to her body! She weasels one arm out then the other. However, when in her daddy's swaddle, it takes her much longer to do this. I can't wait til he swaddles her again!
We helped with a SHARE fundraiser this week. It was a burger night at our local Eagle's Club. We raised over $1200 for this support group. The funds will be used for events to remember our angels as well as help new families going down this awful road. We picked up the house and did laundry today. Even hung the clothes on the line! We also ran lots of errands. We met some friends at Farmers' Market. The fridge is loaded with produce! We also ran to Hy-Vee. The coolest purchase of our weekend is an arbor for Sylvi's Garden. I'm hoping to commission someone to make something to attach to the arbor that says "Sylvi's Garden."
We've had fun, but we're ready for our boys to come home! It is far too quiet at this house without them. I don't think I could have gotten through this without Stella girl! She's my little buddy! I'm hoping she's a mommy's girl forever:0) We have a good start on that!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Beth,
    Yeah, the pacifier thing vs. crying it out... both are painful solutions. One lasts a long time and wears everyone down slowly. The other is excruciatingly loud and makes you feel awful, but it lasts only a few nights, thank goodness! Those kids just start so young trying to find those boundaries!!!
    Good luck!!! L

    ReplyDelete