WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!!

Welcome to our journey of love, living in the face of loss and just plain living. We've experienced the greatest loss a parent can face--the loss our our baby daughter, Sylvia. She flew to Heaven due to complications of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) on 2/26/09. We have two "Earth Angel" children, Will and Stella. They have been a great help on this journey. We live a blessed rich life in spite of our loss. We are lucky to be parents to such special children. They are our life. Welcome to our life!

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Little Star(s)


Will trying to console his baby sister to no avail!

Ms. Alert!

Stretching her neck

Kissing his baby sister

Sucking her thumb!

The name Stella literally means "little star" in Italian. That she is. And that her brother is also! She's had quite a week. She's met more family. My sister and her family came down for a couple days which was great. It was really nice to get some one on one time with them. They spoiled both kids. We also got a visit to Sylvia in. Stella had an eventful day on Friday. She went for her routine 3 week check-up. The doctor heard what he suspected to be an "innocent" heart murmur--one that all babies are born with. But, with our family history, he advised to get an echocardiogram to be sure. We were scared, but hopeful all would be well. I remembered that Will had one when he was born, but it was gone by his one month appt. So, she had the echo. It was all clear--thank God!
Today more family visited. My aunt and cousins were in the neighborhood so they stopped in to meet our little star. They think she looks like my niece Grace. I have to agree. Out of all the babies born in the last 20 years on my side, Grace is the one that I think she looks most like... However, there is definitely Houselog in this child too. She makes some of the goofiest faces like her daddy and brother! :)
I have been LOVING spending time with my kiddos. I get to spend each day with Stella. Will goes to daycare 3 days a week. On the two days that he is home, we have a blast. He pretends so much. Yesterday, he pretended he was a cow almost all morning. "The cow needs to eat some straw, mommy!" "The cow is stuck in the mud and needs help!" "The cow needs to kiss Stella." He cracks me up! It took me back to when he was on a kick of speaking about himself in the 3rd person!
Our big plan for this week is to distribute Sylvi's Soldiers shirts. We'll get them in the mail early this week. Also, Stella and mommy will tackle the Mall to get a Baptism dress and some tights for her and perhaps some black work shoes for me! The first of many trips to the Mall for us I'm sure! We'll end the week with the delivery of new bedroom furniture for our master bedroom! I can't wait to have a head board! I've never had one in my life! Ahhhh, the simple pleasures in life! Sorry I haven't been posting as much. I'm taking in each moment with my kiddos. I'm choosing to stare at Stella even when she's sleeping and watch Will even as he plays by himself. I love playing pretend with him also! What a blessing each of my three children has been to me. They each have added so much to my life! I love them so!
I got a sweet surprise from Andy yesterday. He gave me a very special gift--silver star earrings with little diamonds in them! He caught me totally off guard! I never expected anything like that. He reminded me how he got my special necklace for Sylvia and now I needed another piece of jewelry for this child. I got a charm for my charm bracelet for Will also. One day very far from now, these earrings will be Stella's. I love looking ahead, but don't worry, I do take in the present. I savor each and every moment for I know far too well how life can change--how the thing you love most can be gone in an instant. I got that scare for a split second with Stella again on Friday when I feared something was wrong with her little heart. You just can't tell someone who has lost a child not to worry. It's simply impossible! Anyhow, the world continues to be well with us as we hope it is for all of you!

--Beth

3 comments:

  1. What cute kids!! Have a blast at the mall, still one of my favorite things to do with my girls!! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG She has changed a lot already. People who have seen my pictures of her say she looks like a Haag. I think she is just beautiful Stella!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures completely made my day, Beth! Thanks for posting them! Stella is so beautiful. My favorite picture is the one of Will holding her while she cries, but he doesn't seem bothered by it. : ) Looking forward to seeing all of you...
    Also, if you haven't mailed my shirt yet, no need. I won't need it before I'm in Dubuque next.
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete